View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #3703
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Advance votes are counted and we have our winners

Quote:
Phillips, one of only four NDP candidates elected outside of Edmonton, edged her UCP rival, Karri Flatla, by just 225 votes from the roughly 24,000 total ballots cast, according to Elections Albert
Quote:
Calgary-Currie incumbent Brian Malkinson of the NDP said Friday that he conceded in a phone call to the UCP’s Nicholas Milliken after trailing by almost 400 votes.
Quote:
The NDP’s Anne McGrath similarly conceded the Calgary-Varsity riding to UCP candidate Jason Copping on Friday.

“While this is not the outcome I wanted, I respect the choice made by voters,” McGrath posted on Twitter.
Quote:
Miranda Rosin of the UCP secured her win in Banff-Kananaskis where the updated count put her almost 1,900 votes ahead of NDP incumbent Cam Westhead.

“After a long and suspenseful five day wait, I am honoured to wake up today as your official Member-Elect for Banff-Kananaskis,” Rosin posted on her Facebook page Friday.
Quote:
In Edmonton, 490 votes separated the NDP’s Jon Carson from his nearest rival, Nicole Williams of the UCP, in the riding of West-Henday. Kaycee Madu captured the UCP’s only seat in Edmonton, hanging on to defeat the NDP’s John Archer by 712 votes in Edmonton-South West.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...ary-lethbridge