View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 07:13 PM   #1053
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm sitting in the new terminal waiting for a flight to LAX as I type this.
I've taken lots of video and pictures in here, might share them.

Here is my review:
YYC Link was no where to be found, not even on the maps. We arrived extra early today hoping to go for a "ride" between terminals.

Arriving we parked in the park and jet lot and they shuttled us right to the entrance. Tons of self serve stations everywhere and 0 lines. We printed our bag tags and then you take your bags and drop them off on the auto readers and watch your suitcase disappear.
Next it's through security. The automated bins that move on their own are neat but there is tons of opportunity for someone to steal - as your bin makes it to the other side way before you do, and all your belongings are sitting in the open.

20 feet away from security is the US Customs area. This area looked WAY better in the OLD terminal. Here you have no "cool" pictures of USA destinations and very low ceilings. We couldn't get our passports to scan in the auto computers.,, so had to hand fill out the old customs card and wait in line. The line was very small since the time of day.

Next you either take an elevator or a double escalator up and right into the duty free store. You have to walk through the store and make a sharp left turn to get out. I can totally see people rushing through here when they are late and knocking stuff over such as all the liquor bottles.
When you exit the duty free you enter the nice tall ceilings and shiny tile floors. The food court is on your left with all the places previously mentioned. Here is the one and only sink with a tap like in someone's kitchen. The cleaners are washing trays here. But this is your only place if you want to fill a water bottle. Past that is Starbucks. If you keep walking straight you will see that the terminal changes and the tall ceilings and shiny tile flooring is replaced with ugly rubber flooring and low ceilings. This is about 30% of the new terminal.

The central seating area is right beside the food court and has tables, chairs, some couches and plugins.
There are some seats scattered throughout the entire terminal so it's not that bad.
Gates 70 through 75 are all in one spot and I can only imagine what this looks like when they are all in use. There will be people standing shoulder to shoulder.
There is an Aspire lounge right beside the food court if you want you can pay $35 and get in - unlimited food, drinks, showers, and sleeping pods.
All bathrooms have no paper towels.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drummer For This Useful Post: