View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #52
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure there have been any. The Last Of Us is probably the closest thing to. I get why people are saying things like FFVI, and I love that game, but the writing in it is often juvenile and there are far too many party characters. Chrono Trigger has probably just as good a case and has similar writing, because, hey, JRPGs, amirite? ME2 would have a good argument for it, if it weren't the middle game of a series and therefore informed by a flawed predecessor and successor that it can't reasonably be separated from. Same is true of Uncharted 2.

I think video games are a medium that weren't, until quite recently, equipped to deliver a "perfect" experience, and recently the incentives haven't been there to permit it - those who have the resources to make a game perfect will intentionally make it worse to make more money.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote