View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 06:44 PM   #13978
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Okay, but do you want Biden to win, or do you just want to get high on your own sense of moral superiority?

There are bodies of research that demonstrate your approach to this is ineffective and more likely to drive votes the other way.
I really hope winning elections is as simple as stating facts and getting information out to the public. I really do hope you're right about that.

But if people are actually basing their vote on "am I doing better than I was 4 years ago" and ignoring all other considerations, maybe you can understand why I look at people and wonder if they are serious about placing an informed vote, or whether they're trolling. The president does not have dictatorial power to do whatever he wants, and even if he did, he does not have a magic wand that makes inflation disappear and prices go down. Trump's tax cuts, combined with supply chain disruptions and the invasion of Ukraine, account for most of the inflation we've seen over the past 4 years. While people may be lacking this information, I do think they have a responsibility to get informed before casting their vote. We live in a day and age where it's easier to do this than in any other time in history.

I'll be doing what I can on social media to spread the word about Biden's successes and Trump's failures (along with his depraved behavior and psychopathic plans for the country), knowing full well my efforts probably won't effect the outcome, but is still worth trying.