View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 12:45 PM   #10
RobotTalk
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
That isn't how medicine works. It is a prescribed medication with risks and side effects. Physicians prescribe medications based on well researched science. A layperson with no medical training or knowledge beyond buzzwords shouldn't be prescribing themselves medication.

Also it doesn't help.
Although I'm loathe to derail this any further, Ivermectin is very low risk and well tolerated in the majority of patients. You can see the reported percentages of side effects at this link (the overwhelming majority of which are not serious and disappear within a few days of a patient stopping taking the drug).

https://www.rxlist.com/stromectol-drug.htm#side_effects

You can also read this article from 2017 (pre-covid crazy) that calls Ivermectin a 'wonder drug' with a wide range of potential benefits, including the treatment of epilepsy and other neurological disorders.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

I'd also point out I'm not making any claim on its effectiveness on treating either acute or long-covid, just that its a low risk medication so, if someone suffering from long-covid finds it helps them, even if it's just via the placebo effect (which is real), all the power to them. We have very little understanding of what causes long covid, ergo, it logically follows that we don't have a good understanding of what treatments are or are not effective, so if something brings someone relief from a low risk treatment I'm all for it.

Its unfortunate that the treatment of covid has gotten caught up in the politicization of vaccination and the left/right divide.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, hopefully Sutter fully recovers; the Canucks suck; and thanks for 6 years of Chucky dim Jim.

Last edited by RobotTalk; 07-28-2022 at 12:54 PM.
RobotTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RobotTalk For This Useful Post: