View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #4784
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I'm the same way but I think that has to do with cost.

I used to buy physical copies of PC games but with Steam it just made more sense financially to go digital. I refuse to spend $80 on a game and physical copies seem to take forever to go on sale so I just ended up buying digital.

With console games it's the opposite. With E3 sales I can pre-order games for $50 while digital copies take a while to go on sale. I also like having a physical collection of all of my favorite games that I plan to keep forever. I still do buy digital copies of games but it's games that are super cheap and I really don't care to have part of my physical collection.
The other factor is that even if you buy a new PC, Steam games could still run on that PC. If you go from PS3 to PS4, your digital games are useless, but you could sell/exchange hard copy games.

That is why I opt for physical more often for console - when I upgrade and sell my console, I own games that I can sell, or I can sell/exchange games I don't play anymore. I only go digital for games where the sale is a deep discount or i figure it has no real sell-on value

I am OK with moving away from physical media on consoles, provided that the "console generation" also becomes a thing of the past. Make new games gated to the new console, the same way an old PC cannot run new games, but allow me once I upgrade to continue to play from my collection
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote