View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #25
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
totally serious. you ever been to a festival such as this?
there are a heck of a lot of people that treat these festivals as an event and a place to party and be seen. music is secondary if it's even paid attention to at all.

heck, go to a folk fest. there are a good chunk of people that are there to party and seldom leave the beer tent. or they are there for one band and ignore the chance to hear and discover some amazing music elsewhere that day.
I've been to Coachella every year except one over the past 10 so yes I've been there and experienced it as its popularity has exploded over the past decade. I've also attended several other festivals of different genres so it's not as though I'm a rookie to the festival scene. Of course there are people there to be seen and party but for the most part people are there for the music, art and culture. When you have 120K people at a festival, there are going to be people there for all sorts of reasons.

I just found it be a strange comment to assume 120K people attending a MUSIC festival are only there "to party". Very strange.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to username For This Useful Post: