View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #55
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Cool thing you're doing Thor. I hope these next questions aren't too silly.
Literally not a thing in our community, as communication is hugely important and I mentor a fair bit so I hear and get asked anything and everything.

Quote:
You speak of elders in the community. You also speak of the strength of the mental aspect of BDSM.

Are elders more based on experience/age, or more reputation/ability to nurture the community?
So a bit tricky, as a rule, yes age breeds more mental strength, think of how you were at 25 dating, and how you know yourself at 35, 45.... So in BDSM where the mental part is so huge, imagine your mind at 25 and at 45...

There are of course people more naturally meant for it than others, some just jump in and find a home quickly, some take many years to find themselves.

But as a rule, if you hear anyone say "I'm a Master" and they are under 30 years of age, this is a huge red flag. Not just because of the older generation's obsession with titles and earning them but because the mental maturity to be that level of Dominant is very very hard, even for old timers.

Quote:
Also, for the elders that guide the newbies, is it more a written, oral or via experience in terms of the passing down of knowledge?
It's mostly online and in person advice, guiding. There are a few excellent youtubers, my friend (yes I know her), Evie Lupine is amazing, Morgan Thorne... So thankfully I can direct people to them, and so its not confused, when I and others mentor its to anyone who reaches out, regardless of gender, etc..

Although a bit on that, its always said that if you join the community as a submissive, you should find a 30+ female submissive if you are seeking a mentor. I do at times help submissives, usually just telling them where to find information, how to navigate Fetlife, yotube videos.. But I have a primal part of me that is at times hard to hold back if that sub is someone I desire.

I only recently joined a few FB groups, up until this last year it was Fet and local community only. We created a new FB group just tonight after being frustrated with how many thirsty people join these groups looking to harass the submissives.

Last edited by Thor; 06-22-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post: