View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #93
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I asked this question before, but what happened to him? He was a great shooter, and how can that suddenly dry up? I don't follow his career, so I don't know where it all went down the drain, but it surprises me. Will GM James bring his friend aboard the Lakers?
538 had an article suggesting this is the most dramatic four-year decline of any NBA player: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rmelo-anthony/

I'm not sure if it's so much about the shooting, as much as that he always had a high-volume, low efficiency game that you put up with because he did a lot of other good things as well... generally good rebounding and assist numbers for a big wing, and acceptable defense. His game never used to be chucking 3s, the strength of his game was that he could put pressure on defenses in a lot of different ways. But he's gone from shooting 3s on about a quarter of his shots to about half of his shots, as his percentage has generally declined. Which he might think was the right thing for where the league has gone in recent years, but it's really moving him away from what made him effective once.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post: