View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #66
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I clicked it and you can start to read but then you have to pay. Or at least make it known you have to pay to read the article as some of their articles are free. Seems wrong to post like the OP did and then when a CPer clicks it they find out it is pay to view. You can't really blame the poster who asked what the content is.
I believe that the quality of this site in due in large part to the fact that it conglomerates multiple sources of information in one location. Although I understand that it is frustrating for some that this information is behind a pay wall, it is still worthwhile to post because it contributes to the discourse of the site by directing people to this information thus enriching all of our understandings. This is especially true in the context of the draft, as I know that there are a few accounts that sponsor and advertise paid for prospect rankings. At worst it is a casual reminder that the Athletic is unrivalled in the world of sports journalism.

That being said, when I do post links in the future, I will indicate if they are behind a paywall so that I can save you a few finger movements.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 02-27-2019 at 03:43 PM.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post: