Thread: Stranger Things
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #94
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Watched it all this weekend. Not bad. I was expecting a bit more due to the hype but the story really didn't pull me in until halfway through the season. I guess they tell you everything in Episode 1 and they just develop the characters for the next two episodes, which they did a good job of, I just didn't feel like the story was really moving forward through those episodes. You're kinda just waiting for the characters to put together all the pieces but you as a viewer already know the puzzle. They did have some great creepy scenes through those 3 episodes though. I think that's what kept me going.

It really picked up at episode 4. I liked episode 4-7 a lot. Really hate Monster fighting stuff so I wasn't thrilled with how it ended but it was expected given the story and style of show.

The acting was great, it was all well done and I LOVED the soundtrack and scoring.

Can't see season 2 working for me but I guess we'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I found that pretty strange too...Nancy mentioned Barbara a couple of times and that was it. The whole town was going nuts about Will's disappearance, but nobody mentioned Barb.

We all kind of assume she was dead, as she was lying on the ground with things crawling in her. Then why didn't the monster kill Will too?
This is exactly what I thought when I finished too.

No one cares about Barbara? Are they going to tell her parents they found her corpse in another dimension?

Last edited by polak; 08-29-2016 at 10:56 AM.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote