Thread: Stranger Things
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #88
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Just finished this last night, started it on Sunday.. couldn't put it down, what a great show. I thought overall the acting and production was really good for a mini series. The girl playing Eleven did a great job channeling her inner ET. I'm glad the references to past 80's (and beyond) movies were subtle and Eleven wasn't talking about having to "radio home" or something along that line.

I think the Sheriff was my favourite character... or Dustin, he was pretty funny. I actually really enjoyed Steve's character to, I thought he would just be the stereotypical ###### bag who drives the girl into the arms of the nice loner, but they wrote him in with some depth and the actor did a good job pulling it off. I read somewhere that they had not planned for him and Nancy to get together at the end but Steve was such a likeable person IRL they wanted to give him redemption (and obviously a big part in season 2). Great show, 9/10.

Also just to add the music was amazing, I really enjoyed it all the way through. Very few shows I actually enjoy watching the intro, Game of Thrones, Brooklyn 99.. but this was one of them.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 08-18-2016 at 10:21 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post: