View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:19 PM   #260
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
The Sun? I voted we are not the main cause only because that was the closest-ish choice. The truth is I don't know for sure but as I've said before I don't think that is important. What is important is we assume that humans are causing climate change and do everything we can to prevent the potentiality. Also I think we need to do way more to reduce pollution (not just emissions) hardly anyone talks about this but it's a serious problem.

That pollution is almost always derived from fossil fuels everything from packaging to industrial chemicals.
The good thing is that there is a direct correlation between the carbon intensity of the fuel and the harmfulness and toxicity of its emissions. For example, coal is incredible carbon intensive and also releases sulphur dioxide, reduced sulphur compounds, PAHs, metals, particulates, polycholorinated dioxins and furans, etc. when burned. Diesel doesn't have as much carbon or sulphur but does release large-chained VOCs and PAHs, metals, particulates, etc. Then if you go all the way down the carbon intensity chart to natural gas and hydrogen, they are the most benign in terms of air pollution. So if you care about clean air, you should support eliminating carbon-intensive fuels.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote