View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 02:56 AM   #2720
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no dog in this fight either. I love the Flames because I'm feom southern Alberta and then lived in Calgary for a spell.

If I were a Calgarian taxpayer and the threatend to move the team after fans rallied in the 90s to save it once I would say" #### you see ya later that money could be spent on emergency services, social housing and schools instead if you wmt to make threats" as a Flames fan tho I don't want to see them move just because of history and that thwy have been based in Calgary for so long . That's my only reason.

I have no other reason I want the Flames to stay on Calgary. If the relocated to Seattle I could attend way more games then just one a year. It would be like me travelling to Vancouver. I could still watch them play via Nhl.tv. etc. It would literally do nothing bad for me in my sports world.

The whole thing is bizarre to me . remember the 90s when sports teams had a legitimate reason for moving ? Like the couldn't actually afford to operate and not juat a temper tantrum lile a littlw kid because they didn't get the new toy they wanted.