View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #20
XeO
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Jones

Quote:
“Actually, it was a great play by him, He knew exactly what he was doing. Granted, that doesn’t go in, uh, all that often. But he had the presence of mind to try it, knowing the time left.
And it couldn’t have come at a better time.
Didn’t matter how it went in, as long as it went in.
People can say what they want. Good goal, bad goal. We’re not complaining.
At the end of the day, we needed that win. Real bad. We made it interesting, letting a two-goal lead slip in the third period.
But to get the two points, however, is a real relief.
Changes everything, mood-wise,
Look at the guys today. Everything’s a bit lighter. Everybody’s feeling a bit better about things. The smiles are back. Guys are more relaxed.
One goal changes that.
Mistakes are going to happen. We got our share of them last year, but is nice to see some bounces going our way again. And that goal was a nice bounce.
We’re not kidding ourselves, We’ve got a long way to go to climb out of this hole we’ve created for ourselves.
It isn’t going to happen all at once, overnight. But in order to do it you need to start somewhere. You need a beginning.
Hopefully that goal is our beginning.”
Frolik

Quote:
“Obviously, it was big for us. When you win a game late, it gives you confidence and hockey is all about confidence. We were a little bit down and hopefully it’ll help us build the same kind of effort the next game, in Colorado.
I mean, those things happen. Yeah, it was lucky goal. But you wanna try it.’’
Hartley

Quote:
“It was good, to see our guys rewarded. Whether it’s a good goal or a bad goal, we take them all. And it was late. Remember the Winnipeg game?
Left a real sour taste in our mouth. So that one (Saturday) was like the hockey gods’ payback.
I’ve seen quite a few like this in my career. You get momentum swings. That could be one.
The guys were jumping today. It was fun in the locker-room. This game has to be fun.
We need to build. We need to build. Karri (Ramo)’s getting a second start. We had a good day off. A good practice today.
Let’s go to Colorado and get a big road win.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XeO For This Useful Post: