View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #1436
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I would love that vizio sound bar but my family room setup is a little odd. I need true rear wireless, or, just a simple soundbar with sub.

I'm confused what you mean by that. Where were you intending to put the speakers if they were true wireless? Wouldn't surround sound be weird anyways if you're not centered to the TV? Or is that what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post

the brown things are couch and love seat, black things end tables. so the only wya to make this work would be to buy 2 rocket fish rear wireless speakers

I guess it could go behind my couch but i feel like the surround sound would be weird.

im happy using my z5500's for now
Because you can turn off surround sound in that 5.1 set and just have the back speakers essentially add more sound to the room so that you don't always have to crank up the volume of the front sound bar to hear if you sit at a distance. I guess on occasion you could set up a movie night on occasion and square up the couch to the TV/activate 5.1? Or if you will put the sub in front of the TV, you could run the speaker lines parallel to the walls and do a sorta "C" shape for sound? (But not surround sound).

The rear speakers connect to the wireless subwoofer so some of the positioning is really just based on where the subwoofer needs to be plugged in. I'm just mentioning this, because the difference between the Vizio 5.1 and 2.1 set up is $60. If you're getting a sound bar, that Vizio 5.1 set is hard to beat and I personally would pay the extra $60 for 5.1 rather than get the 2.1 to future proof since it's easy to disable surround sound. That way, you're not out $200 when you find yourself in a situation where you want to go from 2.1 to 5.1

Last edited by DoubleF; 02-27-2019 at 01:12 PM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote