View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #361
EastCoastFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

That Leafs/Flames rumor mentioned above was an interesting nugget that I had never heard prior. Sounds like it would have been the following:

To Tor: Ramage, Pepper, M. Hunter, Wamsley and Ranheim
To CGY: Leeman and 1.3 Pick (Which ended up being Scott Thornton)

From an '89 perspective that probably would have been highway robbery for the Leafs but looking back on it it really would have been nothing for nothing--I guess we'll never know who CGY would have picked at 1.3 though. Leeman had a pretty good year in '90 but we all know how he turned out. Ranheim had tons of potential but that knee injury in '91 really set him back. I do find it interesting that Ramage ended going to Toronto for their second round pick that year and we took Kent Manderville (who ended up going back to Toronto in the Gilmour deal a few years later). Ramage was always interesting to me as he never really fit in CGY like I think management wanted him too--Can't blame him as we had so much depth in those years. He did have a nice playoff run filling in for Suter.

So all in all, really, the only thing to show for this was the Ramage for the Toronto 2nd that took place the day prior to the draft. Which was actually a good deal when you think about, only the '89 draft happened to be a lousy one.

Last edited by EastCoastFlamesFan; 07-02-2020 at 11:34 AM.
EastCoastFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote