View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 10:19 AM   #515
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I hope you're right. But after watching them wilt under pressure like they've done over the last 2 games, I'm not quite as confident. I think scoring first in game 4 is a must. As Peters said in his post-game comments last night, it's tough to get any momentum going when you're constantly chasing the game and allowing the opposition to dictate the play. If the Avs score first, I could easily see things snowballing like they did last night.

Bottom line: Flames need to come out of the gate strong and have a really good 1st period on Thursday. If they skate hard, play smart, and get the early lead, I think we'll be ok.
Last night was a disaster, but did the Flames actually "wilt under pressure" in Game #2? I rather think that once the pressure was on—that is, when Colorado tied the game late in the third period—the Flames responded well. They almost scored in the last minute, and they controlled the OT period.

But I do agree with your last point. They need an early lead—it was the consecutive penalties in the first period that caused them to unravel. Up to that point the Flames played with pace, controlled the puck, drew a penalty and hit a goalpost on the powerplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 04-16-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: