View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:57 PM   #27
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Poor Johnny last night, after the flubbed second breakway you could see him going "#### me, #### I'm bad at breakaways!!" when the camera zoomed in lol. Once it rains it pours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Honestly thought he said "can't buy a ####### break" cause the puck rolled off the heel of the stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
I understand that they respected the ask from Lindholm, who basically said that if they were going to try him at C, he was willing but wanted 10-12 games.

At the same time, I thought that moving Backlund to the wing was obviously getting less out of him than they should have been.

Good to see them recognize the obvious

Also, some adjustments suggested by players were implemented by the coaches and are showing near term results.

Might the coach coming out and admitting they made adjustments finally throw cold water on the “It’s not on the coaches, the players just don’t want to put in the effort” narrative? I have my doubts
I've never said that coaches don't make a difference. What I said was the specific thing you think Ward is coaching, I don't think is the case. In particular it had nothing to do with line combinations. You were suggesting he was coaching D to D passes and dump and chase. I don't think that's correct. I think those were happening because of execution.

And Backlund on the wing was not a Ward innovation IIRC.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote