View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 04:24 PM   #124
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Myself as well. I think my major issue at the time was the availability of bigger names and going to another 'off the board' coach rather than some established names as well as Treliving's admitted lack of a search.

But its times like these where I'm more than happy to be wrong.
Yeah, I remember questioning why take a chance with an unproven guy when there were relatively "sure bets" available.

At this point however, I couldn't care less if Peters was chosen for "the right reasons". What matters is they seem to have a good one. Heck, sometimes gut decisions are the best ones

I'm not quite as enchanted with Peters as many others, but it's mostly because I felt that any decent coach should have gotten us to the playoffs last season already, let alone this season with an even better roster. I really want to see if he can last here, and how he looks in the playoffs, because those what separates the pretty goods from the greats.

The above is not a criticism. It's just me being slow to form strong opinions.

I also actually expect him to be at least a decent playoff coach, and likely quite good if not excellent. We already know he's good at managing his own team, but in a long series a coach has to make important calls about when to change something because of what the other team is doing, and how.

I have a good feeling about his judgment though.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote