View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #508
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk12 View Post
I'll preface by saying I am a huge fan of Bennett. I was so excited when we drafted him...more excited than when we drafted Monahan or Tkachuk.

But I feel like he's starting to get seriously overvalued on here. If Sam Bennett was on the Canadiens, we would value him as much as Flames fans value Lehkonen. If he was a Bruin, he would be valued like Heinen. He's only a tier or two better than a dime a dozen type player.

Bennett tops out as a 40 point guy. Playing with McDavid, maybe he gets 50. His feistiness is admirable, but the guy doesn't have great awareness. He trips and stumbles his way to the front of the net where the puck will hit his ass and bounce in. He's got a pretty muffin shot. He's not overly allusive or shifty, doesn't create space well. He plays with a mentality of mucking things up and hope something good happens.

All that said, he's not worthless. He's a darn useful player. But so is Nuge. If there's a deal like Brodie + Bennett for Nuge + Pulju you take it as a Flames fan 10/10.
No you don't.
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: