View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:55 AM   #115
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dubé then Pelletier then Kylington for me

I’ve been Kylington’s biggest supporter for years but after watching him over the years he hasn’t made enough progress fixing his weaknesses to lead me to believe that they will ever get fixed. The way I see him is basically Sam Bennett as a defenseman, without the grit. All the skill in the world but lacks the hands and balance to keep up with what he is trying to pull off. He loses pucks that he is full control of when trying to make even simple moves, and he falls down with an alarming frequency for such an effortless skater. It’s tragic to me because I love the way he plays and I want him to succeed very badly but I don’t think he will ever put it all together.

He’ll play 400+ games, I just don’t think he’ll ever be much more than a passable #4. Of course, that still makes him more valuable than the rest of the guys after him. I really hope I am wrong about him.

I like Dubé over Pelletier since they both seem to have demonstrated equal-ish projectable production, and Dubé is closer to prime time.