View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #43
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I am surprised that Pelletier is not in the conversation for #2. He is billed as a complete player who back checks and hard as he fore checks. He has killer instinct, and offensive flair. By all reports he has got "it".

For me this is not a next player to play NHL games list. If it were Lomberg would go in the top 6. Its a who will be the most impact player looking back after their time with the Flames is done.
And I am surprised Zavgorodniy isn't getting more love. I still have Kylington and Dube in my top 3 but at #4 it would be the Russian. Early on, he was ripping up the QMJHL with an explosive skillset and he was arguably the most impressive forward prospect in Flames training camp, even moreso than Dube to my eye.

He slowed down towards the end of the year and we'll see where he goes from here, but I see an NHL player there, and a pretty good one. Plus he shoots that elusive right, which IMO gives him and Phillips much more future opportunity to crack the lineup and crack the NHL powerplay. His slowing down could be attributed to his role on his team, where the ridiculously talented Lafreniere took a lot of opportunity away from him as the year went along.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 07-09-2019 at 10:27 AM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: