View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 10:42 PM   #23
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I haven't done one of these in a while because I didn't want you guys getting sick of me. But I thought I would fire one off during the Christmas Season.

I want to do a list based on cover songs. Great Songs that were made better by bands, that maybe gave a new look and feel to a already great song. Some you might agree with, some you won't. But here we go in no particular order, best covers.

1) Ariane Grande and Miley Cyrus - Don't dream its over. Now I normally wouldn't cross the street to listen to Miley Cyrus, but a friend pointed me to her Happy Hippie project a foundation founded by Cyrus to help homeless LGBTQ youth. This lead to a release of a bunch of strong covers by Cyrus. Jolene, 50 ways to meet your lover etc. But to me one of the strongest ones that shows a lot of talent by Cyrus is her duet with Ariana Grande. This song showcases Cyrus' strong vocal talent as her somewhat smokey rough voice really makes this song come alive. This song was probably the best known song by Crowded House, but the cover really improves on it

Story up.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote