View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #84
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
The first Model T rolled of the line 112 years ago it's a bit crazy to expect the BEV to replace an infrastructure and way of life in general straight away right?

The adoption has been much faster than most predicted I've followed Tesla since the beginning (since I own stock) and the amount of negativity, doom and gloom and predictions of failure have been rampant. They've pretty much all been wrong.

In general the public won't accept a vehicle with variable performance, fast on battery power very slow when the gas engine is powering the car.

BUT, here's and intriguing option check it out. Doesn't have long range on battery power but doesn't compromise performance either.
https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...er-rav4-prime/

Unfortunately this will be a limited production model, all RAV4's should be the above spec.
That's fair about variable performance.

I also think most current hybrids have issues in the sense that the perception is that they're inferior in most ways to a traditional car minus the green aspect. I mean, look at vehicles like the Prius, Leaf, Volt and even other hybrid options of current gasoline vehicles that are offered. They're all wimpy.

Interesting on the RAV4. Kinda in the right direction, maybe? But it's a traditional gas hybrid which is engine with battery strapped on which isn't really moving the needle for many individuals. Do you think a pure EV vehicle with a gas generator to recharge the batteries is a viable possibility for the future? Hell, the gas generator can be a removable unit to give you more storage space for all I care. I just think it would be a good step to move away from the inferior hybrid perception if the generator can run while you drive and extend the distance you can travel without stopping.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: