View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #572
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
that would be a terrible injury if he did in deed tore his labrum. That could cause issues for years with his hips. Never like to see anyone injured, and I honestly doubt Chuckie had much to do with something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
they issue is that the cap has continually risen and Draistl's contract basically blows up the structure for everyone after him.

Calgary lucked out big time by signing monny and johnny the year before Draistl...

we'll have no such luck with Tkachuk... I'm thinking 7.5-8 million on a 6 year deal, it could be lower if its on a bridge, but would Calgary want to do that? If you bridge Tkachuk to end at the same time as johnny/monny, then maybe you can pitch the idea of signing all three to 'lifetime' deals

but the "Gio cap" is gone...
If they dont win the cup in the next 4-5 years then I can’t see it happening this generation. They have an amazing collection of super stars, up and comers and solid depth guys right now. Maybe if they draft incredibly well they will extend the window into johnny and money’s veteran years.

A bridge for Matthew works well because it keeps him during the window. After, I’m sure they will find the cap room if they have to.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote