View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #231
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree that nobody knows. It's hilariously annoying to hear every analyst claiming the economy will go bad when it's in a downturn, and that it's going to keep going up, up and up when it's in an upswing. Nobody does know, and half of those analysts are wrong. I'm sure technical indicators work to some degree, but it's all emotion for the most part (barring something economically catastrophic) so why listen to the bigwigs who play it off like they knew what was happening? Personally, I'm waiting for another 3% overall gain (this week was a good recovery), and I'm going to call it quits for the next year, more or less. If that happens I'd be at about a 4% loss for the year which I'm comfortable with at this point. When peoples' emotions are thrown for a wack as has happened this past month, it really makes the market swing wildly, and personally while I don't worry or stress, I do get annoyed those days when I check in first thing in the morning and see a 3% loss. It personally gets me pissy for a few hours and I don't like it. So once this China deal comes, and if it doesn't come with a bunch of false positives along the way, it should amount to a nice pop. Hopefully it's in the next month and I can just pull out.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote