View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #24
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
And what's with the farecompare site? I like it that it notifies me when the price goes down, but it emails me the price is 372, then when I got on the site its 605... bit of a difference there. Done it to me twice now.
There's advantages & disadvantages to every search engine, none of them are perfect (in my eyes anyways).

The beauty of FareCompare is that I can set it up to monitor every city in the world for price drops, for every date. No other system (as far as I know) will do that. The disadvantage is, often times the alerts are false positives. Sometimes the price drop doesn't really exist, sometimes the price is wrong because it's not calculating the price after taxes/fees. Although, sometimes the fare drop really *is* real, and you'll be the first to know.

I usually use FareCompare as a general world-wide monitoring tool, and if it looks like FareCompare has a bite, I like to verify it on Kayak, which is always correct. If someone could somehow merge the accuracy and filtering tools of Kayak with FareCompare's alert system it would truly be perfect.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post: