Thread: Rule changes!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #81
dsavillian
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
At the end of the day you have to question if we are sincere in the reason we are making the changes and if you ask me so far it's the top team upset about how it affects them then maybe the league is in on something right
Given that Rob and I spoke about it face to face today, I can assure you that he's not upset because his team suffers the most as a result.

The reason why we are arguing the UFA rule timing and the awards timing is because we have already strategized around those rules being in place.

Given that this is a long-term game, I don't think it is unreasonable to make strategic decisions based on expectations that the rules that are in place now will be the same rules that are in place at the end of the season.

When it was clear Rob was going to run away with the league title and ultimately lose in the first round, we had discussions about how he planned on spending his extra cap space next year. He put lots of effort into his preliminary off-season plan based on rules that had existed all season up until today.

I love the UFA rule change. I love eliminating the cap rewards. And I think they should be implemented for next season. Just not right now, as there are teams that have played the entire season under the assumption that those rules were not changing.