View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #5
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Over the last few months, increasingly I have been getting spam phone calls. My general policy is not to answer the phone when it's an unknown number to me or they don't leave a message.

What's strange is that lately all the calls have been coming from 403 addresses but all belonging to small towns and rural Alberta. When I pick up, it's either a robo call (a lot during election and tax seasons) or dead air. Sometimes it's the obvious fake Chinese consulate or fake CRA, or "You've Won a Free Trip".

I have a feeling that spammers are buying up 403 numbers from rural areas to appear as though they are calling from the local Calgary area but luckily my caller ID shows it as "Banff" or whatever other southern alberta region it is. It is almost never Calgary. I get up to a dozen each day.

I'm on Bell but I've had my same cell phone number since 1998. Does anybody experience the same thing? Any solutions for this? I heard that on Telus they have an option that a caller has to press 1 or something to get through to you.
I've always gone by the assumption that it is a spammer (spoofed) call when the second three digits of the number are the same as mine. Haven't been wrong about that yet.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote