View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #12
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Current gripes:
- Tearing out and rebuilding huge number of intersections to add "calming" features (raised right-hand yields, bump outs) that only impede traffic and add delays.

- Adding infinite amounts of new controlled intersections (both inner city and suburbs) and advance green lights where it is insane overkill and slows traffic.

and the piece-de-resistance:
- The horrific decision to rebuild both 16th Ave and Bowness road at the same time. I feel for anyone in Montgomery or commuting in the area regularly, seems like the most jaw-droppingly boneheaded decision ever (and I only go through there once or twice a month). Bonus points for the Bowness rework because they're also adding insane amounts of traffic calming.
Meh. Bowness shouldn't be a thoroughfare in that area.

The construction in that area sucks but 16th Ave was literally falling apart, I don't think it could've gone another winter without gigantic potholes swallowing cars whole. Whoever did that section before did a terrible job.

Quote:
I could go on for days about everything that group has botched in the last 6 years. Swear my blood pressure rises by 10 every time I drive in this city and see their latest handy work.
Overall construction is done WAAAAY better. Gone are the days where entire sections would be closed for months.