View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 09:41 PM   #43
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Man, am I the only one who thinks the American athletes are just self absorbed and sore losers?

So many random examples over the past days where they don't really acknowledge other athletes. Especially in the women's sports, all the other women would be cheering and hugging but I don't see the same with the Americans. It's like they expect everyone else to come to them.

It might just be me though.
Not all are, but in general - no it's not just you.

American Runner Helps Competitor to Finish Line After Falling

Quote:
"It was devastating. I'm not going to lie," Jewett, 24, told reporters, according to USA Today. "At the end of the day, I was super frustrated. I was so mad because I felt like I had a chance."

But he also realized that there was something more important than winning in Tokyo that day.

"I learned from all the superhero animations I watch, regardless of how mad you are, you have to be a hero at the end of the day. That was my version of trying to be a hero," he added. "Standing up and showing good character, even if it's my rival or whoever I'm racing. I don't want any bad because that's what hero's do. They show their humanity through who they are. They show that they are good people."
https://people.com/sports/tokyo-olym...after-falling/
EldrickOnIce is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post: