View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 09:14 PM   #106
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love it if Rafikov came over to play. I am not very big on Russians (I always cringe a bit when the Flames draft one, as few really hit and often the ones that do never want to come over or just end up returning to Russia for some reason).

With that being said, this kid seemed to have a lot promise. I really liked this kid's game. I only watched some games, but I always thought he was a standout defensively, great first pass, plays physical, great skater, and apparently loves to aggravate opposing players. Really plays with that edge. I never saw a game in which he left me disappointed, though it was years ago and I am definitely guilty of misremembering things all the time. I thought he was a shoe-in as a future top 4 defencemen. Hardly a big enough sample size to go by, but he seemed like a really good pick with a tonne of potential - though top 4 I felt was his upper limit.

Will be interesting to see if he comes over and how he ends up doing in the NHL - even if it is not with the Flames (I think his rights must be close to expiring now, no? 2013 draft).
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote