View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 11:23 PM   #101
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

This is kind of weird, but I was reading McKeen's' Flames prospect rankings this year and they had Rafikov ranked 9th, ahead of guys like Nikolaev, Kinnvall, Gawdin, and Yelesin. And they had this to say:

Quote:
RUSHAN RAFIKOV, D (187TH OVERALL, 2013. 2019 RANK: UR)
Drafted in the seventh round after a great performance for Russia with the WU18s in 2013, Rafikov has since been a fringe feature on Russian national teams and has accrued 226 games of experience in the KHL, all with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. His KHL contract has only one year left to run, and even if he finally comes over to play in North America – as some suspect is in the cards – he will not feature on these lists anymore, as the 25 year old is on the verge of aging out of eligibility.

Outside of his contract, there is little that would prevent him from finding a home as a decent #5 on an NHL blueline.
I have no idea what the author has heard but it's the first thing I've read about Rafikov the Calgary Flames prospect in years.

Last edited by TheScorpion; 09-17-2020 at 11:26 PM.
TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: