View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #18
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
One can probably say without hyperbole that this is the most important leadership race in PCAA history, if not for any party in Alberta political history. There just doesn't seem to be any bombastic Klein-esque personalities around that can revitalize the party (save perhaps for Nenshi, who won't run). So who is available that can not only put a strong foot forward, but also heal the wide and deep divisions within the Conservatives? We're honestly looking at a party that started breaking apart in 2006. Is anyone capable of repairing this?
I think that there is a lot of wishful thinking going on, both in your position that its beyond repair, and in the idea that some of these people who could fix it are interested in the job! Nonetheless, here are people that I think could easily piece together a winning campaign for the PCAA in 2016...not an exhaustive list, just those who spring to mind:

- Jim Prentice
- Jim Dinning
- Stephen Mandel
- Gary Mar

I also think that there are interesting names like Donna Kennedy-Glans, who might be a bit of an outsider, but has a lot of connections and would be a formidable force. It just seems like its a bit early to write-off a government that had a huge majority just two years ago in favour of a rural-rump party. Lets be reasonable here; the Liberals were closer to forming government in the 90s than the Wild Rose is today. Sure, times have changed, but maybe the demise of the PCAA is a little exaggerated at this point.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: