View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default PC Leadership Race Predictions

So, any early predictions on who is going to throw their name into the ring?

I really liked Doug Griffiths during the last leadership race but think he may have shot himself in the foot with some of his tweets.

Gary Mar I think would have a tough hill to climb after all the money the government gave him when he left. I know that he was entitled to all the severance and it sounds like he earned it and performed well in the Asian envoy role but it will look bad coming after Redford to have a candidate who collected a huge severance package to ease his transition into his new role within the government.

Thomas Lukaszuk seems like he will throw his name in but he is pretty polarizing and I can see him being one of the front runners who forces the run off voters to pick the third place role.

Doug Horner sounds like he will be the interim leader which makes me think that he won't be a serious contender for the leadership. Don't parties normally put someone who isn't running in as the interim leader to give the candidates full freedom to campaign.

I have heard Stephen Mandel's name bandied about. Not sure how he would do outside of Edmonton though. He isn't well liked in the north because of the closing of the city centre airport. (I am not judging the decision, just commenting on his perception in the north)

Wayne Drysdale I am including as he has been rising pretty quickly within the party.

Who else have I missed? Any dark horses or people from outside the party?

I put this in a fresh thread so that the Redford thread can keep going with the sick days debate.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post: