View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #397
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Ran the super today. The rain at the start wasn't too pleasant, but the weather was way better than I expected.

I thought this was the best Calgary course to date. A little too much up and down for my liking, but there is only so much you can do at that location. They still had a few dumb pools of muddy water you had to go through, but way less than other years. Overall it was pretty good. Running the super does remind me how unprepared I am for that distance though - I had zero obstacle failures and still was middle of the Age Group class.

Seemed like less people than usual, which isn't a good sign for the races long-term. The beer gardens were so sad looking with tubs of beer and like 3 people drinking.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
That single track sloppy mess back in the trees again was really mean. But I guess that's the idea.

I wonder how much the weather came into play? A few short years ago there were 7k people in the sprint total. This year was only 1.7k. And 500 in the super from 750 last year.

New group of people running it next year by the sounds of it. Maybe they can stir up the interest again.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote