View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #389
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I heard the US army was doing studies on the type of analysis these running shoes were doing, foot shape, running stride, etc. and more or less said it was not worth the effort, time and money. This is an organization that has an unlimited budget so them saying it wasn't worth the money was telling.

I think for a beginner running, just getting something you're comfortable wearing is the idea. If that's your pair of sketchers, that's fine.

One thing I do recommend is having two pair of shoes if you are running on back-to-back days you don't want to wear the same pair. Give it some time to reshape and it won't wear out as fast.
Yay someone else has mentioned it! (Or maybe it was from me posting the study earlier in the thread?)

Pick shoes based on comfort. Never let someone tell you what shoe you need to run in. It doesn't matter if you have "flat feet" (your arches are supposed to collapse for force absorption) because your injury rate will be higher in a shoe someone else picks. Walk in them, jog in them (some stores have a treadmill for that or at the very least let you return them if they aren't dirty). Maybe they can guide you to a shoe but always pick the most comfortable pair.

Try couch to 5k or a similar walk/jog program. Never start to quickly. It should take 6 weeks for you to get up to running 20 minutes without walking. 90% of the running injuries I see are 'too much too fast'

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post: