View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 08:31 AM   #10
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Although I am not a prolific speeder, I do tend to follow the flow of traffic and prefer not to set the pace, fast or slow.

I have found that using Waze daily has really changed my outlook on speeding in general. The ETA that the app gives is astonishingly accurate, even when you feel like you need to hurry and put your foot down a little. If you rush, you just don't shave a significant amount of time, if any, off of your ETA.

Plus, the little reminders about fixed cameras, the user-reported locations of mobile speed cameras, real-time traffic, accurate routing suggestions, and alerts when my speed creeps up above a certain threshold have reinforced my belief that the commute simply isn't a race that you can win. You can only beat the clock through good routing and planning (with the help of apps like this), but once you're rolling, going with the flow is the most efficient way and is a lot less stressful.

TLDR: Waze has made me a more strategic and relaxed commuter. Google adopting some of the similar features is a good thing.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post: