View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 12:42 PM   #303
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i had some time last week to finally build myself a little spray booth. now, this thing is built for function only (it's not that pretty - ha! ha!) and sits in my shop. when i'm doing jerseys or hoodies that get twill applique i need to spray a temporary adhesive on the back of the material so it stays in place while being stitched down to the garment.

just a basic box. there is a vent in the back and i added a light inside to make it easier to see. the bottom of the plastic front is held in place with wood strips and in each strip are some magnets. the split in the plastic is so i can stick my hand in the box and spray with minimal adhesive getting out.

the black piece i put the twill on is just a thin piece of plastic (1/8" ish) and i drilled a ton of holes in it - it helps with the over spray getting sucked up and it makes it easier to get the twill off the sticky plastic.

out the back of the box is a 3" dryer hose that connects to another box under my work table. inside that box is a bunch of staggered egg cartons and then a furnace filter before the fan (just trying to get as much adhesive out of the air before going thru the fan).

so far it seems to work great - no complaints at all! i will likely paint the spray box the same colour as my shop walls when i next have paint out.

pics:
Spoiler!