View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #1054
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep991 View Post
I've watched the first 4 episodes of Hannibal and its crazy dark and creepy. I like it. I can't believe this was a network show with all the graphic scenes. My wife won't even sit in the same room with the show on. Highly recommend. Hopefully the entire series is as good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It is.

Too bad NBC pulled the plug when they did, although it's really amazing that it lasted as long as it did as a network show.
You've hit one of my favourites. I was a 'Hannibal Purist' and basically didnt even want to watch the show because I was absolutely positive they couldnt do the characters or stories any justice on TV with new actors and limits as to what goes on network TV.

Eventually I begrudgingly watched it certain that I'd spend my time just making fun of it.

But I loved it. Absolutely loved it. I loved the stories, the characters, all of it. They did such a great job with that show. Mads Mikkelsen absolutely slaughtered his way through that show with amazing performances, I'm a huge fan of Samuel L. Jackson as the head authority figure, it was amazing. I know it was Laurence Fishburne, thats the joke.

I really wanted a service with more resources and creative freedom to pick it up and keep it going. Such a great, great show.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote