View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 11:24 PM   #1047
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
I have read every one of Connelly’s books and enjoy them. Some have been made into movies like Blood Work with Clint Eastwood and Lincoln Lawyer with McConaughey. I can’t vouch for this TV series but the source material is great.

If only someone would make an Elvis Cole and Joe Pike series.

For the Bosch books it helps to be a little familiar with LA or interest in the area at least. I feel like the setting is a big part of the story. Your review has me interested in watching this show which has kind of gone under the radar.
Probably the wrong thread for this but I have really dove into that first novel (The Black Echo), you are definitely right about the setting being important with how Connelly describes things, but I feel like he does a good enough job describing that I'm not too lost with zero knowledge of LA. I'm not an avid reader and often a novel can take me months, but I've read 2/3 in the last few days (I restarted from the beginning because it had been some time since I had picked it up). I did notice that he has a ton of crossover with his characters so I am going to try to just read them all in order
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post: