View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 06:18 AM   #21
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
The only way for the City to fund it's activity is value neutral aggressive valuation of property. Setting the mill rate and increasing it neutrally for an infinity inflation equation.

Then, once you are done that you find other ways to fill the coffer. Utilities is a nice monthly. Then user fee which is an add on to any budgeted government activity. Sewer drain: Checkmark...

Then you neutrally deneuterize the service given, like make it eco friendly with a decaf double caf neutral coffee that is a bearable ounce for the environment.

While i'm at it, instead of measuring waste we are going to have a committee come together and come up with three different garbage container sizes. This is the utopia I dream of.
WTF

I was just pointing out that the city budget and property tax is independant of the absolute value of property. The property value of every house in the city could be cut in half and the amount you pay in tax would be unchanged. So a lock of increasing property value does not inhibit the ability of the city to increase taxes.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote