View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #2344
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Can we drop this already? I love the nostalgia factor but this ship has sailed. Jagr brings more than nostalgia, he actually brings the ability to still play the game at a high level while making his teammates around him better.

I for one don't see us adding anyone else, the extra cap space will be used to re-sign Bennett and possibly add a piece at the trade deadline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I never said he brings nothing....he just doesn't bring anything I want to see Iginla do. I would rather see him play for Team Canada at the Olympics.
That's fine if you don't want this to happen. That's great that you would rather see him in the Olympics. I would love to see him there too.

However, you don't seriously think that people will 'drop it', do you? Given what he has meant to Calgary and all. Many people want to see him playing here, even if it is on a 4th line role. Heck, I would be as pleased as the only rooster in a huge hen house if Iginla was signed for a cheap contract, and then came in and proceeded to pot-in 10-15 goals, stick up for his team mates, and show the young kids on the team what level of dedication they need to have to stay healthy and productive for that long.

You may not like it, and that's fair. I can understand that. I therefore insist that you must also understand how MANY people would love it, and asking people to drop it isn't going to happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: