View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #62
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Yup, and I've even seen glowing reports out of Frankfurt which I find dreadfully boring to spend more than 2 hours in. Frankfurt is a large, large hub and it's designed to be efficient but not necessarily pleasant.

I'd much rather be stranded for a day in YYC than FRA. Of course a day in FRA means you could jump on the train and head into town for more entertainment than you could shake a stick at...
See to an Avgeek like me FRA is heaven. I could sit by a window and watch the planes there all day (so many heavies!). They also have a great spotting area on the east side of the field right underneath the runways (it's always packed with spotters and the sound of lots of cameras clicking as planes roar overhead).

However I could see trying to spend a night there becoming very uncomfortable.

I've slept overnight in EZE (Buenos Aires) and DEL (the old terminal). EZE was ok, but we ended up sleeping on a wide window ledge on the second floor. DEL was a dump and I didn't sleep, just kept drinking chai all night long!

I was just through YYZ terminal 3 a couple of weeks ago. YYC had MANY more options pre-security for food and relaxing than T3. We even went over to the new T1 and for its size you would think there would be more before security, but there really isn't much at all.

YYC punches pretty good for its weight, and with the new terminal I'm sure it will get even better.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote