View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Stockton Heat 2018/19 General Discussion

Well, another off season is here and some depth signings have been made. Might as well get the Heat thread for next season going.

Some of these guys will obviously make the NHL squad, but just to get it going with a rough depth chart:

Mangiapane - Dube - Foo
Shinkaruk - Quine - Phillips
Klimchuk - Graovac - Gawdin
Ehliz - Pollock - Lomberg (LHS)

Fischer (RW - AHL deal)
McMurty (C - AHL deal)

I could see scenario's where Foo or Mangiapane make the NHL, or maybe even Quine, but that's probably about it. Dube as well maybe, but he might be better off getting lots of ice time in the A for now.

I could also see scenario's where Hathaway ends up down in Stockton as well.

Can definitely see why they let guys like Hunter Smith, Emile Poirier and Austin Carroll go unqualified.

Kylington - Andersson
Valimaki - Hogstrom (LHS)
Healey -

Would have loved to see Goloubef back, too bad I guess. On D I could see Andersson in the NHL and I could see Hogstrom up in the NHL as the #7 as well.

I could also see Prout down in Stockton too as IMO he and Hogstrom will battle for #7.

Valimaki and Kylington should log huge minutes in Stockton IMO.

Gillies/Rittich
Parsons

The loser of the NHL back up battle will be the starter in Stockton. My bet is Gillies is that guy as he can still be sent down without waivers. Parsons might shuttle back and forth from the ECHL to get as many starts as possible.

McDonald and Schneider share the net in KC unless they loan one out.

I'd imagine the Flames won't sign any more AHLers to NHL two ways, more likely they add AHL depth now with AHL deals, and ATO's.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: