View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 11:53 AM   #1621
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
This has been a good info thread and there seems to be knowledgeable people here so maybe someone has a solution for me. I've contacted Pioneer support and hit a dead end there

I have a Pioneer home theatre in a box (HTP-074 with the VSX-325 receiver). It's from 2016. I've noticed lately that dialogue seems to echo in the rear channels no matter what content (Roku, Blu-Ray, cable box) or sound mode (pure direct, ALC/Standard etc) I have it on.

The weird part is that it seems to not be consistent. As far as I've read dialogue almost always comes from the centre channel but it almost seems like the echo happens when the dialogue is on the front L/R channels (as note I have the Roku and cable output through ARC and the receiver is plugged into HDMI ARC. But when I tried a Blu-Ray player plugged directly into the receiver (Blade Runner 2049 if that helps), the dialogue seems to echo consistently in the rears and I'm thinking this is not intentionally part of the content nor did I have this issue on my upstairs soundbar.

I should mention I did open the unit up to fix the connection for the sub since it was not working so did I maybe screw something up in there? The connections all seem fine though.

Sorry for the long/rambling post but it's been bugging me and want to see if it's something I can maybe fix or if the unit is faulty.
I had a Vizio 5.1 soundbar that did this inconsistent echo thing out of the box. To resolve it, I reset the sound bar settings to default.

Reset your Pioneer receiver settings to default and see if there's a difference.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: