View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #34
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Treliving and Bean again this afternoon. Great job by the Flames getting right back into it after the long weekend. Sounds like the alumni session at lunch was great though I didn't tune in.

- Plan to have a high-level building schematic by September. Mentioned a couple other target dates but missed what they were.
- Two weeks before the deadline didn't intend on adding any D depth but "significant" injury to Giordano, and injuries to Hamonic and Hanifin, plus a couple other D able to play but banged up, changed things.
- The league is "very committed" to completing the 2019-20 season. Absolutely need access to adequate testing without taking away from public testing.
- Logistics are difficult as need to quarantine bus drivers, hotel staff, food staff, etc. along with the teams. Not just players and staff isolated for 75-100 days to consider here.
- Playoffs will probably have more than 16 teams, but nothing finalized on number or format. Probably utilizing a few hubs but nothing finalized on how many or where.
- Lucic has proactively been spending an hour every day during this time with the Flames' Analytics Team breaking down numbers and tape on how he can improve. Incredible work ethic and self-driven.
- Treliving mentioned they consider their leadership team to be eight players. I was distracted so didn't catch the point clearly, but he included the names Tkachuk, Monahan, Lindholm, Backlund, Brodie, Giordano (not in that order) I think. Hopefully another attendee can verify or correct that but until then do not read into this at all as I didn't hear it all/clearly.
- Treliving asked about combine interviews. Said one question and answer that stuck with him was Tkachuk's interview where Treliving asked what his biggest hockey memory was. Tkachuks' biggest memory was Team USA losing to Team Russia in the semi-finals at the 2016 WJHC and falling short of gold. Most players answer with an individual or team accomplishment as theirs, while Tkachuk's was a Team's failure.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."

Last edited by united; 05-19-2020 at 05:23 PM.
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to united For This Useful Post: