View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #33
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Treliving/Cyr/Bean on at lunch today. Awesome job by the Flames hosting multiple daily sessions.

Mostly covered the same topics. Had to take a phone call part way through when they were finishing up the season ticket holder part so missed about five minutes of Treliving talking about the deadline moves I think it was.

- Mentioned the same five buildings as cohorts, specifically Minneapolis. I wasn't sure if maybe the previous session was a slip-up or my ####ty hearing and he meant or said Minnesota (Wild) but no it's Minneapolis.
- Dustin Wolf is going back to junior next year even with contract recently signed.
- Calgary is on the side pushing for a post-playoffs draft. Like expanded flexibility for roster review and movement that having the draft after the season allows.
- Feels like they've never been this prepared for a draft before because of the volume of tape they've been able to watch. "There's nothing else to do" haha.
- Pick in the Lucic-Neal trade is still in the "to be determined" category. Calgary recommended using proration if season isn't finished.
- Huge emphasis on Lucic's off-ice and mental impact which fans don't see.
- If they use the hub model, home team of that rink will likely not play at that location to alleviate home-ice advantage concern.

- Email coming this afternoon on season ticket renewals. Basically not going to be charging for 2020-21 until a schedule is certain.
- Flames plan to roll back ticket prices for next season to 2019-20 rates.
- On remaining 8 games, option to get credit for next season or immediate refund. Flames will offer incentive to go with credit (gift card? interest applied?)

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."

Last edited by united; 05-14-2020 at 01:00 PM.
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to united For This Useful Post: