View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 06:20 PM   #21
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I got a last minute invite to the afternoon session today. I suspect they now send out later invites if the first round didn't get sufficient interest. It was very entertaining and I would recommend the sessions if you ever get chance. Brad was not there due an 'emergency' with his dog.

Connie let it slip that the draft won't be early. John Bean said that's news to him as at the Board of Directions meeting, that he was part of last week, they couldn't come to an agreement. They joked about how Connie has let things out before and then he started back peddling after Bean started joking about 'breaking news'.

Connie said the Team had been planning for an early draft with 60 players still being considered. Said they are setting up 'virtual' interviews as no combine this year. I think he also said they were planning for a 16-18 pick in first round and that the discussions around the first round choice of player had been very heated. He really is a funny guy and I enjoy his sense of humour. Connie also shared stories about signing college players including how it all went down with #13.

They weren't really any other highlights. Just to confirm though he said that that would play Valimaki if the Doctors give the okay and would then protect him in the expansion draft. That would be a small price to pay if it gives the Team a better chance at winning and if it's the right thing for Valimaki
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blankcanvas For This Useful Post: